Star Trek: Armada is a strategy game developed by Activision and published by Activision/Mad Doc Software in 2000. The game is set in the The Next Generation era and features a few of its main characters and ships.
The story plays after the Dominion War. It includes the United Federation of Planets, the Klingon Empire, the Romulan Star Empire and the Borg. The Federation fights of another Borg invasion, on the Klingon side Toral tries to use a fake Sword of Kahless to take over the Empire and the Romulan's and the Borg fight for the Omega Particle.
Where can I get it? Edit
After a series of lawsuits, started in 2003, between Activision and Viacom, Paramount Pictures' parent company, Activison dropped the license to produce games based on the Star Trek universe. That is why your only option is to buy the game on ebay.
How can I install it on Windows 10? Edit
- Install Armada from your CD with the install.exe as administrator
- Install 1.2 Patch
- Install 1.3 Unofficial Patch it adds compatibility fixes for modern versions of Windows as well as widescreen support
- Copy the DirectDraw wrapper into your installation folder
Multiplayer after 2014? Edit
Since the shutdown of all the Gamespy servers, it's no longer possible to play the multiplayer mode without some help. Thankfully, Armada supports LAN mode, which you can play via a VPN-client like Radmin or Zerotier.
What mods can you recommend? Edit
- Dark Alliance 2: adds 12 playable races, in 4 alliances, with a tons off new features
- The Millenium Project: adds new models, textures, maps etc. and remains compatible with the single player.
- Star Trek vs Star Wars Conversion Mod: adds the New Republic, the Imperial Remnant and the revamped Federation and Klingon sides.